See the median home values from Trulia.
Enter your info to see what you can afford and what your payments will be with Up-To-Date Rates!
Gilbert, Arizona Information
Gilbert is a town in Maricopa County, Arizona, United States, located southeast of Phoenix, within the Phoenix metropolitan area. Once known as the “Hay Shipping Capital of the World”, Gilbert is currently the most populous incorporated town in the United States. Gilbert encompasses 76 square miles (197 km2) and has made a rapid transformation from an agriculture-based community to an economically diverse suburban center located in the southeast valley of the Phoenix metropolitan area. In the last three decades, Gilbert has grown at an extremely high rate, increasing in population from 5,717 in 1980 to 208,453 as of the 2010 census.
As of July 1, 2009, Maricopa Association of Governments,
As of the census of 2000, there were 208,453 people, 74,147 housing units, and 3.01 persons per household.
- Fastest growing municipality in the United States from 1990-2003. U.S. Census Bureau
- Currently the 4th fastest growing municipality in the United States. U.S. Census Bureau – 2009
- Ranked by CNN’s Money magazine in 2008 as one of the best places to live in the United States.
- One of the top 25 safest cities in the United States.
- 34.5% of Gilbert residents hold a bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Highest household median income in the Phoenix Metropolitan Area with Population 50,000+ U.S. Census Bureau 2005